PDA

View Full Version : Scoliosis and fatigue

Delta107
11-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Hey, all!
Look, I was wondering if fatigue is common occurence with scoliosis? I attend some language courses and I must carry 2 books. Overall it feels like a burden. And sometimes I feel like I'm about to fall. Probably I have quite bad balance issues. To give you a scale, one of those books is probably smth like half a kilo I think. 7 years ago I could carry way more than that...

titaniumed
11-11-2015, 12:34 PM
I was wondering if fatigue is common occurence with scoliosis?

Yes and no. I would say its common. There are many reasons why fatigue happens....in fact, the list doesnít seem to end....Go ahead and look it up.

I struggled with fatigue after my surgeries for some reason, for many reasons, donít really know why, and now at my age its hard to decipher with the ageing process.....

When I was younger while carrying items, I would try to transfer the weight back and forth from left to right and so forth. Two books, one in each hand balances out the weight. A backpack will help out. Many of us do have balance issues.

Your English is good!

Ed

LindaRacine
11-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Delta...

Your curve is fairly large, so it could have something to do with your pulmonary function. I know it may feel like sort of giving in to your disability, but a rolling backpack would probably be helpful.

--Linda

jackieg412
11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I also found that struggling with. balance can wear you out.

Susie*Bee
11-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Hi Delta! I don't know if this suggestion would help you or not, but thought I'd throw it out there in case. I used one of these for about six years at my job at a school, and had my passenger van seat out of the way and it would go in that spot. Or it could go on the seat. I would put my bag/purse/school stuff in it and then when I got to school I could just ease it down to the ground ok (fairly durable) and wheel it across the parking lot and sidewalk and to my office. Then while sitting down I could easily take the items out. The crate collapses to practically nothing and can hold a ton-- you can read the product details. Best wishes, as I know how frustrating that is. I remember how disappointed I was when I could no longer take a 9x13 glass pan with dessert to work because it was too heavy...

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Expanding-Folding-Crate-on-Wheels/product_440122

PS- other companies make these, I'm sure. This is just what I had. (smile)

Went to amazon and found these others: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=folding+crate+on+wheels&sprefix=folding+crate+%2Caps%2C207

Delta107
12-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Thank you for your replies!