PDA

View Full Version : Curve progression after surgery?

the_baroness
07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone, been a long time. I'm 2 years post op and relatively pain free! Getting stronger every day, too. My question is this, is it possible for a curve to progress after surgery? Say, above the fusion maybe? I've had a sense lately that I'm tilting to the side again. That my scoliosis is trying to reclaim my spine. I know this isn't possible because I'm fused T10 to sacrum. But I'm detecting a distinct canting to the left... Maybe I'm just stiff from working out? I go back to my surgeon in 2 weeks. I guess I'll find out then. But until then, can anyone put my mind at ease by telling me it's absolutely not possible for a curve to progress after surgery?

LindaRacine
07-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Unless there's something wrong with the implants, you can't progress within the fusion area. You can, however, progress above the fusion. Try not to stress about it. You'll know for certain in a few weeks.

Good luck!

--Linda

jackieg412
07-29-2015, 07:20 AM
Hi Baroness. At first I was fused like you t-10 to pelvis. However I fractured through t-9 and the progressed to hyper kyphosis. When you see your doctor have him order a CT scan that he also checks. It is so worth it for peace of mind if there isn't a problem. Us scoli's do like to twist and turn.