PDA

View Full Version : Can I take one Oxy just so I can make it thru my son's high school graduation?

cathydrew
06-02-2015, 11:03 AM
So last night was his academic awards night, inside in the auditorium and semi cushion chairs. I lasted sitting wiggling and moving around for about 40 minutes and walked around for about 25 minutes then I had to beg my husband to take me home so I could lay down. I left my son at his high school senior awards night because I just couldn't take the pain. I am at seven weeks post-op as of tomorrow, I took three extra strength Tylenol that's 1500 mg before I left and it did absolutely no good. He is graduating on June 26 and it's going to be a much more uncomfortable chair and a much longer ceremony. I am scared to death that I'm going to have to go lay down in my husbands car and miss my sons high school high school graduation. How bad would it be for me to take one of my fast acting oxycodones just so I can make it through the ceremony?

green m&m
06-02-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm 7 months out and I've occasionally taken a fast acting oxy if I'm having a real bad day

jackieg412
06-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Cathy, even after 6 years I cannot make it through anything that requires sitting like that. So I choose my space so I can get up and down without bothering anyone else. It takes planning and choosing but I do it. I even choose my space in church so I keep my right leg extended. If it too crowded, I stand.
Taking one of anything is ok too. You are very early yet but even after time not everyone finds everything easy to do. Adapt is the way to go!

Lizardacres
06-02-2015, 01:34 PM
So last night was his academic awards night, inside in the auditorium and semi cushion chairs. I lasted sitting wiggling and moving around for about 40 minutes and walked around for about 25 minutes then I had to beg my husband to take me home so I could lay down. I left my son at his high school senior awards night because I just couldn't take the pain. I am at seven weeks post-op as of tomorrow, I took three extra strength Tylenol that's 1500 mg before I left and it did absolutely no good. He is graduating on June 26 and it's going to be a much more uncomfortable chair and a much longer ceremony. I am scared to death that I'm going to have to go lay down in my husbands car and miss my sons high school high school graduation. How bad would it be for me to take one of my fast acting oxycodones just so I can make it through the ceremony?

Everything in life is about priorities. Your son's graduation is a priority. Take whatever drugs you need. Maybe sit at the back or somewhere you can stand for a while. Sitting for long periods is the pits! Taking three X-strength Tylenol is not a good idea, especially if you do this on a regular basis. It's not too hard to damage your liver with this stuff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/tylenol-overdose_n_3976991.html

lduran
06-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I am at seven weeks post-op as of tomorrow, I took three extra strength Tylenol that's 1500 mg before I left and it did absolutely no good.

Cathy, I am at 6 weeks today and can't begin to imagine sitting for long periods of time... Do anything you need as far as medications so you can see your son graduating... That's a major milestone. Loretta

PeggyS
06-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I agree, Cathy. Take what you need to attend your son's graduation.
Are you concerned that you'll have to wean yourself off or become too dependent on pain killers? As others have said, it's reasonable to take an occasional pain pill. After being off narcotics for 2 months, it was really hard to take that 1st one, again. I kept viewing it as a failure, but necessary - such irrational thinking.
Enjoy this milestone in your son's life - congrats!