PDA

View Full Version : Bras

ksmom0611
04-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Lol! Did I get your attention? So, I'm at the 3 month mark and starting to feel the pressure to go back to work. I'm also getting out of the house some more. So far, it's been flop-city, if you know what I mean. I've tried on some of my old bras (the more comfortable ones) and just can't tolerate the compression on my ribs and back. I have the kind that are not a band, they're more like stretchy material. I don't know what to do! When did you start wearing bras again? I can't believe I'm going to write this, but any " tips" on this issue? Hehe

Lizardacres
04-15-2015, 09:54 AM
I feel your pain! I didn't wear a bra at all during recovery as my skin was just too sensitive. I did start wearing a bra when I returned to work and would rip it off as soon as I got home. But it's getting a lot better, I think your skin just has to toughen up.

tae_tap
04-15-2015, 03:07 PM
I am right there with you! I still rip off clothes and slip into a fluffy robe the second I get home. I just cant stand the feel of clothes anymore, but also don't feel going butt naked (which I would love) is appropriate so I deal with a soft stretchy sports bra during the day and soft robe by night. I am like superwoman with my costume change!

Tamena

JenniferG
04-16-2015, 04:00 AM
I didn't wear a bra for 2 months after surgery. I'm over 6 years post-surgical and I still can't find a comfortable bra. I only wear them when I have to and I remove it the minute I walk in the door. It doesn't bother me any more over my scar, it's the tightness around my ribs I can't stand.