PDA

View Full Version : Two Years Follow-up with Dr. Hu

Irina
03-30-2015, 10:53 PM
I was reluctant to post about my two years follow up because so many people are having problems and I didn't want to brag about myself. But I thought that sharing my good report will help those considering or getting close to the surgery date, so here it goes.

Dr. Hu said everything looks good and all the hardware is in place. I don't have any restrictions and she even gave me a green light for a little jogging, and I thought that it's a no-no with fusion to sacrum. I am doing zumba, swimming, working out 5 times a week and enjoying a little jogging around neighborhood. I was never a runner before, but getting a kick doing it now just because I CAN. Sometimes, when I am in bed, my right foot tingles, but this is very minor. I work full time and dress up in form fitting clothes every day. People often ask me why I am doing this fashion show haha. They don't understand that after a lifetime of wearing baggy clothes, I am still in euphoria stage that I CAN wear anything I want!

I am very happy that I had this surgery! I wish more people could say that. I feel a little guilty writing this and thinking about Susan, who had her original surgery with the same doctor at about the same time... Hope she gets better and all of the folks getting surgery soon, have a good outcome. Cheers to all of you!

PeggyS
03-31-2015, 07:04 AM
Irina,

It's wonderful to read about your awesome outcome!

leahdragonfly
03-31-2015, 07:50 AM
Hi Irina,

I am so happy to read your great report…I know Susan is on all of our minds but she is tough and has a great attitude. I am sure reading your good news is helpful for those approaching surgery. Thanks for the great update.

titaniumed
03-31-2015, 10:17 PM
Irina

Congratulations on 2 years.....its always nice to see that glowing report!

2 years was where I felt my recovery was pretty much over.....or 98% done. You only know after the years pass...

Susan will get through all of this......sometimes we just have to hang in there, but it all works out in the end.

I am also in the 100% “happy I did it” club. Not 99%, 100%. With all the pain and worry over all those years, it just wasn’t worth it, surgery as scary as it sound’s, was the answer.

I am forever grateful.....

Ed

Marianne
04-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Irena, I am happy to hear you are doing so well. Your two year check up sounds wonderful.
It is good to see some one with a good outcome. Especially since my surgery is only two weeks away, i have been thinking about Susan a lot and hope she will soon recover. She has had a tough time of it.

Irina
04-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Hi Marianne,

Good luck with your surgery! You probably can't wait to get it over with. For me, anticipation was worse than recovery. Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

golfnut
04-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Irina,
Congratulations on a good 2 year checkup. I understand your hesitation about posting, however, those contemplating surgery have to know that most people have good results from scoliosis surgery. It may not seem that way when reading the forum, but I have to think it is because many who are doing well no longer post.

JenniferG
04-02-2015, 04:43 AM
Congrats on your milestone, Irina. Everyone loves to hear about a good report, including, I'm sure, those who're struggling.

Marianne
04-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Thank you Irene.

susancook
04-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Thanks for sharing the Good news about your 2 year visit. I am SO happy for you! Please never hold back from sharing your good news because some of us (moi) are having problems. Hearing your good news makes me happy and gives my energy to rehab even more! You are my role model!
Susan

babyboomer16
04-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Irina,you must be feeling very good about the two year report! Yahoo!!!! I go for my two year follow up May 20th in St. Louis with Dr. Lenke. I hope I have a good report like you. I have a few issues with the neck~~ but I think that's just something that happens over the years. Have fun with your newly found freedom!!!
But don't overdo:):) that can happen when we feel so good and have been told we are free to do all the things we couldn't do before. You are amazing! Warmly, Linda

babyboomer16
04-03-2015, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=susancook;162743]Thanks for sharing the Good news about your 2 year visit. I am SO happy for you! Please never hold back from sharing your good news because some of us (moi) are having problems. Hearing your good news makes me happy and gives my energy to rehab even more! You are my role model!QUOTE]

Susan, I hope you update us soon. Hope you are fine!!! I sent you a card. Linda

gardenia
04-14-2015, 08:12 PM
It is as important to share success as well as not. This is a place to learn from each other.

There are so many of us that need the good news as well as a place to vent our frustrations. There are many many good, well trained, surgeons and then there are millions of different permutations of each one of us, 'the patients'.

Our bodies are not the same and the procedure done is never going to have the same outcome. Circumstances are so different for each and everyone of us.

We can only do our best by doing our homework.
- Find the best surgeon
- in the best location
- where we have physical and/or moral support and
- where our imedical nsurance would cover
- have the best attitude
- be in the best physical health as possible

And hope to come out with the best outcome possible.

Best of luck to everyone, all we need is a little of LUCK on our side.