PDA

View Full Version : Surgical Outcomes for those who had debilitating nerve pain

Mojo's Mom
10-28-2014, 04:25 PM
I would like to hear from those of you who have been through long instrumented fusions, and who had debilitating nerve pain for an extended period prior to surgery. Specifically, what happened to the nerve pain post-surgically?

LindaRacine
10-28-2014, 05:20 PM
I would like to hear from those of you who have been through long instrumented fusions, and who had debilitating nerve pain for an extended period prior to surgery. Specifically, what happened to the nerve pain post-surgically?

Hi...

I had leg pain whenever I stood up, for about a year prior to surgery. I thought I could live with the back pain, but the leg pain did me in. My leg pain was completely gone after surgery.

Epidural injections can be a fairly good indicator of whether surgery will help you. I had 3 rounds in the year before the surgery. The first injection completely cured my leg pain for about 2 weeks. The second injection didn't work at all. And, the third injection helped for about a day.

--Linda

Mojo's Mom
10-28-2014, 06:08 PM
I hear that a lot from people who have had epidurals. My laminectomy killed the leg pain completely...for two years. But I did a lot with those two years, and it was worth it. But now pretty much out of options other than instrumented fusion.