PDA

View Full Version : 11 days to go!

green m&m
09-04-2014, 09:21 AM
I can't believe surgery date has snuck up on me completely. My life has been completely chaotic and feeling mildly under prepared.

Had my pre-op appointments on the 2nd and I'm cleared to go. T3 to L3, shorter if possible... I was told I probably won't get much correction my curve is too stiff so the goal is to stop the progression with a balanced spine.

JenniferG
09-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Not long now, and you will begin recovery and this surgery will be behind you. Don't stress too much about being under-prepared - all will fall into place and people will be only too willing to help if needed. If you forget anything, remember, it's understandable, you have a lot on your mind.

Best wishes! I hope you get the best result possible and have a smooth ride through recovery. Let us know, won't you?!

golfnut
09-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Best of luck with a successful surgery and smooth recovery.

jackieg412
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Best wishes for a successful surgery and a flawless recovery. Take care of yourself and rest before surgery.

PeggyS
09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way!

susancook
09-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Everyone is chaotic and feels unprepared and scared. Reassuring that you are right where you should be!

Remember, all that you need the day of surgery is to show up buck naked with your insurance card. There's no studying, buying Cliff's Notes, no test.

From your postings, you seem well prepared mentally for the surgery. Then again, nobody is truly prepared. Once you wake up from surgery, you are on the road to recovery and the next chapter in your life.

I am sending you relaxing and healing thoughts. There's an active life waiting for you after surgery. Keep us posted.

Hugs for reassurance, Susan

mabeckoff
09-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Keep thinking on what will when you get through surgery.

That is the prize

Melissa