Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatback advise

Hi,

I have just had my latest appointment to monitor my scoliosis and I was advised that all curves are progressing particularly the neck one. My neck one is 49*, my thoracic one is 55* and lumbar 39*.

I was told that the straightness of my lumbar spine in the sagittal plane was going to cause me most problems. Can anyone advise me on this. I have googled and assumed that this is flatback but I am not sure and I don't know what this is likely to mean in the future apart from even more pain than now.

As you age, you'll most likely find that you'll become more fatigued from the flatback.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

am I right in calling it flatback or is this something that you can only get after you have had surgery?

Comment

Yes, it's flatback.
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X