Re: article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: article

Hehe, forgot to mention the article you posted. In general I believe the "if it's too good to be true it probably isnt true" philosophy. I mean, it has possibilities, however when you spine is crooked that is they way it was designed. A doc once explained to me that my back will forever be trying to recurve my spine because that is the way it was orignally. Hell, even our bodies try to fight us!!! I don't really see how wearing weights for 20 mins a day will pull our spines in the right direction? But that is just me. And I'm not saying that if was close to me I that I wouldn't try it. I was always taught to fight, to find a way, so I will usually try just about anything.
    Some ways that you can check out this guy would be to talk to other patients, check out some of the national scoliosis dr lists and see if he's on it, and see if your insurance will pay for it. I know insurance is usually not our best friend but sometimes they require more information to approve a treatment and if it isnt a proven help they won't pay for it. Also if the doc does not take any form of insurance and/or asks for money to buy the weights etc then I would tend not to believe in this treatment until I had heard a lot more information. I hope I'm not too negitive. If something as simple as wearing weights will cure my pain I'm all for it. However I am a little skeptical. Good luck and please let me know what happens. Whether you go to see him or find out more information.
    I am also the President of the Scoliosis Association of San Diego California. We just had a speaker at our last meeting, Dr, Kamshad Raiszadeh, who will be the first to be trying a new back strengthening for scoliosis patients. It is not something you can do at home, more of a specific PT for Scoliosis patients. I do not know all the details yet but if it has anything to do with weights like your article or even something else I'll be happy to pass it along.
    Jennifer

26 years old. Diagnosed with severe Scoliosis/Kyphosis and CMT at the age of 8. Have had a total of 6 surgeries, 4 on my spine and 2 on both of my feet. Including rod removal surgery. I am fused from T-2 to T-12.

oops

Sorry all. I accidently posted a reply as a new thread and I can't undo it. So anyhow, if your interested in what article I was refering to this is it.

http://specialsections.lancasteronli...scoliosis.shtm
    Jennifer

26 years old. Diagnosed with severe Scoliosis/Kyphosis and CMT at the age of 8. Have had a total of 6 surgeries, 4 on my spine and 2 on both of my feet. Including rod removal surgery. I am fused from T-2 to T-12.

Comment

People have been trying to correct scoliosis without surgery for centuries. Using all of the techniques mentioned in the article is nothing new. If a chiropractor wanted to sign me up for 2-3 time a week treatments, I'd get a money back guarantee. As someone who spent over $5,000 in chiropractic treatments in one year, I know what I speak of.

You may be interested in reading the following article:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/5/32

Be sure to also read the comments:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/5/32/comments

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X