Off all Narcotics, still in pain, a lot today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off all Narcotics, still in pain, a lot today

I quit taking oxycodone/Percocet last week. I was having an emotional meltdown, crying and wanting to just die and be over it already. I am 6.5 months out. I realized it had to be the meds. I have been cutting down gradually, had gone from 5 mg to 2.5 mg. the night before. I've had this reaction every time I cut back. So I just quit. Felt so much better and more enthused with my life by the next evening. But the pain is coming back. My ribs hurt badly. This would be the time I took some Percocet. But I lay down on a heating pad. Just lying down helped. So do I go back on the meds, or do I see the pain as a reason to lie down? I am going to a pain clinic, should I ask them? Or will they just shove more pills down my throat?
    Wendy
    Fusion T6 to S2 with Dr. Carlos Bagley,
    Duke Spine Center
    Surgery Date June 21, 2013

You should most certainly talk to the pain physician about this. If you don't want to go back on narcotics, there are some non-narcotic medications that can help. In the meantime, have you tried Tylenol?
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Also, ice instead of a heating pad. Heat feels great, but ice will reduce the inflammation.

I will be praying you get to feeling better soon!

Tamena
      Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Working...
      X