Today I am thankful for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I am thankful for...

(1) This forum, and all the kind people on it who got me through one of the toughest experiences of my life.
    (2) Dr. Thomas Errico, Nurse Oksoon Siebert-Choi, the staff at NYU Center for Musculoskeletal Care, Svetlana Lazarev from Park Sports Physical Therapy, and medical science, for fixing my spine.
    (3) God, and my loving friends, for supporting me through the detox and helping me to be opiate-free.
    (4) My husband, without whom I never could have done any of this.

I am grateful to be straight!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Love,
    Meg

(aka the_baroness)
    Surgery June 18 by Dr. Errico at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases at age 41.
    Fused T10-Pelvis.
    "Ask me about my brand new lordosis!"

I am grateful for this forum that helped me to find my wonderful doctor - Dr. Serena Hu. God bless her hands and expertise! I am grateful for having an amazing husband and parents who'd been there for me every step of the way. I am grateful for being able to do things I could not do before - walk and stand for as long as I want. I still can't get over the thrill and excitement of having a straight back and being able to wear anything I want without thinking about hiding my hump!

I am grateful that this surgery caused a big shift in my personality - I became much more tolerant and compassionate towards other people. I guess some people need a life-changing event to soften them up around the edges, and I am one of them.
    I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
    45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
    A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

I'm thankful for my life
      My amazing surgeon Dr Munish Gupta, the nurses at uc Davis medical center
      My family and friends
      Kara
      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
      Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
      T4-L2
      Before 50T
      After 20T