Sciatic Nerve Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sciatic Nerve Pain

My 92 year old dad has scoliosis but has stayed quite active playing golf,working in the yard, walking, etc. For the past month, his sciatic nerve has prevented him from golfing more than a few holes if any at all. He also said it feels like a knife if he stands for more than a minute or two or walks a short distance. His only relief is sitting which doesn't make him happy as he likes to be active. At least he can use the riding lawn mower without too much pain. He realizes that he has been blessed with good health for his age, but this sciatic pain is the worst thing he's experienced. He has had it before but never to this degree. He has tried a steroid shot, pain pills, and is now trying physical therapy.
    Do any of you who have experienced this pain have any suggestions? I know there is a spine injection that some have used but I heard that the relief doesn't last long. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Neurontin

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X