Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curve magnitude and heart malformation

Hi, there.
    I'm repeating myself a little bit here by starting a new thread. I posted this information on my other thread "I have some imaging CD's" but it doesn't really fit that topic. That thread is more of an update of what is going on with me, so in that sense it does. But, understandably, not everyone has an interest in my issues.

The reason that I think it's important for people to hear this is because many doctor's, including mine, say that smaller curve magnitudes like mine have NO IMPACT on the heart. This is just not true.

I had a CT/angiogram due to some chest pain that I have been having. My results were outstanding, with zero atherosclerosis. The one finding that I found to be of most import is that this imaging study revealed that my heart is deformed due to underlying scoliosis. Apparently, this is not a deformity that should cause me any problems, but at what point will it cause problems? Maybe my case is unusual since my spinal deformity is so high up on the spine. But the fact remains, that curves as small as mine DO have an impact on the heart.

I just thought you all should know. I don't know how this will impact anyone. I don't know how it will impact me. I honestly don't think that the doctors, scoliosis doctors or cardiologists, know how this impacts a persons health. I feel that this is something that should be taken a little more seriously than it is. That's why I'm informing you all.

I hope you are all doing well and good health to everyone!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!
Working...
X