Teased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teased

Hello to all. My name is Kelly and I am 15 years old. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was born and have had 43 operations trying to correct it along with many other things. I am constantly teased and rediculed because of the way I am shaped and how I walk. Is there anyone out there that can relate with me?

Kelly

My goodness Kelly. You certainly take top prize. Have all 43 surgeries been spine surgeries?

Here's a little poem I like to share:

So in this world
    Of the simple and odd,
    The bent and plain,
    The unbalanced bod,
    The imperfect people
    And differently pawed,
    Some live without love...
    That's how they're flawed.

From "Flawed Dogs" by Berkeley Breathed

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda...the poem was very beautiful and no not all operations have been spinal though most have. I also have a nurogenic bladder, fused ribs, a colostomy bag, and other things. It's kind of hard to remember what every last one was for because my first surgery was when I was a day old so that complicates things. I am also looking to have two more operations in the near future as well. My doctors estimate a total of atleast 50 operations in my life.

Kelly

Comment

I do feel for you but it is very hard to imagine what you are going through. Do you have a bestest friend? I fin they always help.
        40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

Boo,

I do have a best friend but she does not have the same medical problems as I do so it is hard for her to understand though she does do her best to do so. It does help to have her. I love her to death!

Kelly

Comment

Hi Kelly,

I'm glad you posted. My son, Braydon (9yrs old) has similar medical issues as you described (i.e., neurogenic bladder, other renal issues, scoliosis from birth, laxative-dependent to control constipation, etc.). Have you been given a name for your medical issues? They sound very similar to the VACTERL Association that Braydon was labeled with. Even if you are not a VACTERL patient, there is a great messageboard with lots of parents and several teenage/adult VACTERL patients who I KNOW will be able to relate to your medical history. The website is found here... http://www.vaterconnection.org

I look forward to getting to know you more.
            Carmell
            mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
            X