Leg pain when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg pain when driving

I am 7months post op. I get bad right leg pain when I drive. It sometimes happens when I have just been sitting to long. Could this be due to my surgery?

My guess is the angle at which you're sitting puts pressure on a nerve (sciatic?). I did have some nerve pain that was aggravated by certain activities, including sitting, for a while. I think it continued through around 7-8 months, but it has mostly gone away. If it is new pain, though, you might want to check with your doctor about it. Are you doing PT?
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Retired Mum,

Have you tried a small pillow behind the small of your back, or perhaps padding under one bum cheek, to see if that helps. Try a few things like that that force you to sit differently, in the hope it takes the pressure off whatever's causing it. Good luck!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Me, too

I am five/six months post op, depending on how you count. I get leg pain in the back of my thigh after driving for an hour or o. Mt pt guy told me that he was not surprised. Need to get up and not sit for long periods of time, is what he told me.

Comment

Working...
        X