Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New numbness post-op

Hi there,

I am 8 months post-op, fused from T2-L3 to correct Scheuermann's kyphosis...I initially had low back pain after my surgery because I was sitting/standing with my butt "stuck out," so I was arching my back too much. Once I started PT and corrected it, I have been doing a lot better. Within the last week I've begun to notice that my lower back has felt very "tight" and achey and then within the last day I noticed that below my fusion (so between L3-S1) has a numb feeling, similar to how my upper back feels in certain spots where the surgery took place and the nerves haven't reconnected.

I don't know what has caused this sudden onset of numbness and it's got me a little worried....Anyone else have this experience???

Thanks,

Hannah

Hi Hannah...

If you're certain that the numbness is new (and not just something that you just hadn't noticed earlier), I think it's reasonable to call your surgeon's office to see if they want to see you.

Hope it's nothing to worry about.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X