Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

she's braced and going to disney...any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she's braced and going to disney...any recommendations?

my 11 yr. old daughter has been in the low profile brace since November...23 hrs/day, with no leeway.

We're going to disney world in 1 1/2 weeks. Also, her brother wants to go to Islands of Adventure... to go on mega roller coasters.

The dr. didn't tell us not to put her on coasters, just to avoid water rides so that the brace doesn't get wet.

Has anyone gone on rides with the brace on? Is there added discomfort? Is it dangerous? Have there been accomodations in the theme parks for kids wearing a brace?

We just want to have as much fun together as we can, without repercussions!

(her curves have been between 37 and 40)

thanks for any input.

I dont think it would be a problem. Does she sllep in the brace? I think that is more uncomfertable than roller coasters and they only las for about 30 seconds. I have been there.
    40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

thanks for your resonse... she does sleep in the brace... we'll see how she does next week!

Comment

last year my class went to silver dollar city (another theme park) and i didn't werar the brace. if you have been REALLY faithfull about wearing the brace, my doctor and mom say that 6-8 hrs of not wearing it isn't the end of the world. I hope this helps and that yall have a lot of fun!
        ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
        I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
        I went through 3 Boston Braces
        Original curve~34*
        Curve in 1st Brace~9*
        Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
        Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
        Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Working...
        X