2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions

I am scheduled for surgery soon. I will for sure be having a discectomy in L5-s1 level.If when doing that it appears that the spine is unstable in that area I will then be fuses at only the L5-s1 level.

1.How long can I expect to be off work or laid up after each scenerio?

2. Is it likely I will become sick for a short time after surgery and vomit due to the anestsia?

I want to get this done and behind me and want to return to work asap after all this so I do not fall financially in the hole.

Scoliosisguy...

If you've had trouble with nausea after surgery before, be sure to let the anesthesiologist know. S/he can give you a medication to keep you from getting nauseated.

I don't know if this is the case with everyone, but I always got extremely nauseated after surgery. It wasn't until a few years ago when I discovered that it wasn't the anesthesia drugs, but the demerol and/or morphine that caused the problem.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X