PDA

View Full Version : Moving- Dr Referral - Atlanta or surrouding areas

king14
05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi, I figured what a better place to get a doctor referral than here. I will be moving next Friday to Atlanta (not sure where) that's part of my question as well. Do any of you know a good dr to follow up with (i am 7 months post op)
I will be flying back and forth to Cali so I'll keep my doctor here, but just incase for emergencies.
Also - hubby and I are looking to move no more than an hour outside of Atlanta. ANYWHERE safe, with good school systems, and land :)
ANy suggestions on all the above.
Thanks - wishing you all well!!
xoxo
sara

loves to skate
05-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Sara,

Dr. Lloyd Hey in Raleigh, NC is probably your best bet. He is very kind and compassionate and an excellent scoliosis spine physician.
Good luck in finding just the right house in just the right location.

Sally

mabeckoff
05-09-2013, 04:58 PM
How are you doing? Why are you moving? I second Dr Hey. He is a great surgeon and a wonderful person

king14
05-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks, ill ck him out!
Melissa, I'll be filming out there and the property is so much cheaper than in LA my hubby and I decided to make that our home base, and ill fly out here when needed.
I'm doin ok,low back super tight where I'm still crooked,and I still lean...but I'm alive :)
Hope you're doing well!!
Xoxo

tampamom
05-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Yes, I would also recommend seeing Dr. Hey in NC, my son saw him 2 months ago and we would love for him do the surgery, but after much research to understand insurance claims, it looks like we can't afford to go out of Network. He is a brilliant, trustworthy, surgeon that is so passionate about helping people with Scoilo. Thankfully we have found an excellent surgeon in Miami.

We also lived in Atlanta for 10 years, beautiful city with tons of traffic but you are probably use to that! What are you filming? We hoped we were moving back again since by little guy had to go up for a CB on an NBC series shooting right now but he didn't get the role. We were thankful to get a directors callback! His first one, he is only 9. Atlanta is seems to be growing in the film industry.

Best of luck to you in everything!

-C

Doreen1
05-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the Peach State, Sara!

I'm in a suburb 25 min north of Atlanta. Feel free to PM me. Traffic is horrible, so you'll want to focus your home search based on where you/hubby will be working.

Warmly,
Doreen

Hi, I figured what a better place to get a doctor referral than here. I will be moving next Friday to Atlanta (not sure where) that's part of my question as well. Do any of you know a good dr to follow up with (i am 7 months post op)
I will be flying back and forth to Cali so I'll keep my doctor here, but just incase for emergencies.
Also - hubby and I are looking to move no more than an hour outside of Atlanta. ANYWHERE safe, with good school systems, and land :)
ANy suggestions on all the above.
Thanks - wishing you all well!!
xoxo
sara