PDA

View Full Version : Happy to report I'm released from the surgeon!

debbei
04-20-2013, 09:33 AM
I went for a checkup a few weeks ago, and I'm happy to report that everything still looks good, and I'm released from the surgeon. The fusion looks good, all the screws are in place, and the disks above and below the fusion look good. My surgeon moved to a new hospital and how has the digital Xrays, so it was so interesting to see the detail that you can't see in old fashioned xrays. A little over a year ago I had problems with severe spasms in the upper back area, but after the Dr. gave me a shot into the muscles, I've been fine ever since. Fingers crossed that I'm good for a long, long time. I told the Dr. that it is comforting just to know that he's there if I need him.

I'll try to stop by more and catch up on things. This forum was such a fantastic help to me when I needed it, I am truly grateful.

Susie*Bee
04-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi friend! What wonderful news!!! You must feel elated! Best wishes for a "no problems with your back" type life-- and good life in general, too. Hugs, Susie

Pooka1
04-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Debbe, great news! I'm very happy for you.

titaniumed
04-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Good news Debbe

Its nice to know that the shot helped you out.....

Ed

Confusedmom
04-20-2013, 02:53 PM
That's what I like to hear!!

susancook
04-20-2013, 07:33 PM
I went for a checkup a few weeks ago, and I'm happy to report that everything still looks good, and I'm released from the surgeon. The fusion looks good, all the screws are in place, and the disks above and below the fusion look good. My surgeon moved to a new hospital and how has the digital Xrays, so it was so interesting to see the detail that you can't see in old fashioned xrays. A little over a year ago I had problems with severe spasms in the upper back area, but after the Dr. gave me a shot into the muscles, I've been fine ever since. Fingers crossed that I'm good for a long, long time. I told the Dr. that it is comforting just to know that he's there if I need him.

I'll try to stop by more and catch up on things. This forum was such a fantastic help to me when I needed it, I am truly grateful.

Hi Debbie, I am one month postop and my upper big pains have been my major problem since surgery. Exactly what kind of a shot did you receive that gave you relief?
Susan....and congratulations on your fusion success!

jrnyc
04-21-2013, 10:53 AM
hi Deb
congratulations on the doctor releasing you...good news!
can you say where Dr Neuwirth moved to...???
i saw him for a consult a few years ago...thought he was skilled
and very nice.

jess...and Sparky

JenniferG
04-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Wonderful news Deb! Thanks for letting us know. It's so important for pre-ops to know that medium and long term, this surgery can be such a great success.

debbei
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi friend! What wonderful news!!! You must feel elated! Best wishes for a "no problems with your back" type life-- and good life in general, too. Hugs, Susie

Hi Susie, it's so nice to hear from you. How are those cute grandbabies? I guess they aren't babies any more!

debbei
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Debbe, great news! I'm very happy for you.

Thanks Sharon! How are your girls doing?

debbei
04-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Good news Debbe

Its nice to know that the shot helped you out.....

Ed

Hi Ed,
It was a miracle shot for me! I think it had lidocaine and cortisone in it. I felt so much better within 30 minutes.

debbei
04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Debbie, I am one month postop and my upper big pains have been my major problem since surgery. Exactly what kind of a shot did you receive that gave you relief?
Susan....and congratulations on your fusion success!

Hi, upper big pains are normal after one month postop! It took me well over 18 months to feel 'normal', and even then I still had to be very careful with myself. You have to give yourself time to heal and be patient with yourself!

My surgeon thought that my pain from last year was muscle spasms that were the result of inflamed muscles.

debbei
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
hi Deb
congratulations on the doctor releasing you...good news!
can you say where Dr Neuwirth moved to...???
i saw him for a consult a few years ago...thought he was skilled
and very nice.

jess...and Sparky

Jess,

A group Dr.'s moved from Beth Israel to Mt. Sinai early this year. Dr. Casden from the picture was Dr. N's assistant on my surgery. I'm glad they're still there if I need them, but I sure hope I don't any time soon! These guys are miracle workers in my opinion!

http://ryortho.com/2013/01/six-doctors-join-mount-sinai/

mabeckoff
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Glad that life is going so well for you

Irina
04-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Thank you for posting Debbie. I love reading reports like this while I am recovering.

loves to skate
04-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Debbei,
It is so good to hear from you and to know about your good news. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your pain free life and I hope for your sake that you never have to see your wonderful spine Doctors again.
Sally

Pooka1
04-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks Sharon! How are your girls doing?

They are doing great. They will graduate high school in June and go off to college. They want to major in biology and be research scientists. It's all pretty exciting. :-)

Thanks for asking.

mabeckoff
04-22-2013, 11:34 PM
They are doing great. They will graduate high school in June and go off to college. They want to major in biology and be research scientists. It's all pretty exciting. :-)

Thanks for asking.

Where are they going to college? Will they be together or at separate colleges?

jrnyc
04-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Deb
thanks for the info on Dr Neuwirth's new home...
i do not go to Mt Sinai....bad memories of when my mother
was there for brain tumor surgery.
i hope Dr Neuwirth continues to do his good work....
he was such a kind doctor in my brief consult with him.

jess...and Sparky

golfnut
04-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Congratulations, Debbe. Great news!