better sock aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better sock aid

They gave me a sock aid in re-hab, but it is to big for my socks or stockings. Is there a better one out there?

I use this sock aid and it works well for me. I also purchased it for my father, who has hip problems, and he is happy too.

http://www.amazon.com/Carex-Health-B...words=sock+aid
    I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
    45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
    A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Irina's sock aid looks like the one that they gave me in rehab. It is easy to use.
      Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Yes, that sock aid is what they give out at UCSF. I personally don't like it very much. It works OK with looser socks, but is pretty useless with compression socks. The sock aid I got when I had my surgeries 20 years ago was great, but I gave it away. I've tried several different sock aids recently, but nothing seems to be great for compression socks (outside of the compression sock aids, which work very well, but are not exactly portable).

--Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

there is something called a "stocking donning butler"...
          but it is $73 on sale! it does not look portable, but could sit in bedroom.
          on the internet, there are a lot of interesting things
          for "put it on" assistance...

jess...and Sparky

Comment

Jess..

THat's the one I'm using. It works very well, but as I say, it's not portable. I need something that I can take with me when I travel. I've tried 3 different types so far. Unfortunately, they're relatively expensive.

--Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

whoops...sorry Linda...i misunderstood your post...

guessing you searched on internet...and also searched
              the websites for arthritis...??
              i saw so many different kinds of sock aid thingies...different
              shapes and sizes....i got confused!

have a great wkend...
              jess...and Sparky

Comment

Working...
              X