PDA

View Full Version : better sock aid

retired Mom
04-19-2013, 03:53 PM
They gave me a sock aid in re-hab, but it is to big for my socks or stockings. Is there a better one out there?

Irina
04-19-2013, 06:56 PM
I use this sock aid and it works well for me. I also purchased it for my father, who has hip problems, and he is happy too.

http://www.amazon.com/Carex-Health-Brands-P22500-Sock/dp/B001AFEPXW/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1366415671&sr=1-1&keywords=sock+aid

susancook
04-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Irina's sock aid looks like the one that they gave me in rehab. It is easy to use.
Susan

LindaRacine
04-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Yes, that sock aid is what they give out at UCSF. I personally don't like it very much. It works OK with looser socks, but is pretty useless with compression socks. The sock aid I got when I had my surgeries 20 years ago was great, but I gave it away. I've tried several different sock aids recently, but nothing seems to be great for compression socks (outside of the compression sock aids, which work very well, but are not exactly portable).

--Linda

jrnyc
04-19-2013, 10:49 PM
there is something called a "stocking donning butler"...
but it is $73 on sale! it does not look portable, but could sit in bedroom.
on the internet, there are a lot of interesting things
for "put it on" assistance...

jess...and Sparky

LindaRacine
04-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Jess..

THat's the one I'm using. It works very well, but as I say, it's not portable. I need something that I can take with me when I travel. I've tried 3 different types so far. Unfortunately, they're relatively expensive.

--Linda

jrnyc
04-20-2013, 02:46 AM
whoops...sorry Linda...i misunderstood your post...

guessing you searched on internet...and also searched
the websites for arthritis...??
i saw so many different kinds of sock aid thingies...different
shapes and sizes....i got confused!

have a great wkend...
jess...and Sparky