PDA

View Full Version : Travel Tips

tae_tap
04-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi all! I have been traveling quite a bit with my son for his wrestling tournaments and staying at different hotels along the way. I have to say that the hotels are kicking my butt and causing pain. Does travel and sleeping at hotels ever get easier? Are there any tricks to it?

Tamena

Doreen1
04-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I hear ya! We've been traveling a lot for Lizzie's archery tourneys. Bring your own pillow and ask for a handicap accessible room (toilets are higher, bars in showers, etc). Unfortunately, most hotels we've stayed at recently have pillow tops beds which make it difficult for me to roll around in and get out.

jane d
04-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I have found that taking a twin size 1" memory foam mattress topper enables me to sleep pretty well as most hotel beds are too hard for me. We just fold it in half and roll it up and tie it and it's not too much trouble to carry along on trips.
Jane

Confusedmom
04-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Doreen,

What kind of mattress do you normally sleep on? I feel like you describe all the time. (Doesn't hurt, but difficult to move around.) Maybe I need to try a different kind of mattress?

Evelyn

Doreen1
04-03-2013, 07:26 AM
We bought a non-pillow top orthopedic bed from The Original Mattress Factory. The extra firm was too hard for me so be bought the next level down.

Doreen,

What kind of mattress do you normally sleep on? I feel like you describe all the time. (Doesn't hurt, but difficult to move around.) Maybe I need to try a different kind of mattress?

Evelyn

Doreen1
04-03-2013, 07:27 AM
We bought a non-pillow top orthopedic bed from The Original Mattress Factory. The extra firm was too hard for me so we bought the next level down.

Doreen,

Evelyn