Feeling Weird Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Weird Shocks

I had my fusions, (posterior T2 down to S2), and anterior fusion (L5-S2) two years ago. I feel great, except when my husband touches my back, it feels like an electric shock. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Other people have patted my back, or have given me hugs, and it's fine. I don't know if hubby has some weird current running through his body or not, but it is a feeling I do not want to experience again!

L. Scott

What a wonderful contact or not

Could be the air is dry and you both live in the same house, eat and drink about the same amount. etc.

Drink a lot of water and use a humidifier in your bedroom (as my mouth is very dry at night and the meds make it feel icky)

About the real electrical shocks, when I stopped taking Gabapentin about a week later (2 months) I was getting intermitten firecrackers. I can feel the burning sensation start and moves about 1-2 inches and then it explodes in a massive burn. Few seconds later, it was all gone and Ok.

I am at 4 months and I am still taking it at night every night.

Hope this might be an answer.
    Gardenia
    Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
    pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
    Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
    T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Comment

Sensitive back

Originally posted by lscott87 View Post
      I had my fusions, (posterior T2 down to S2), and anterior fusion (L5-S2) two years ago. I feel great, except when my husband touches my back, it feels like an electric shock. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Other people have patted my back, or have given me hugs, and it's fine. I don't know if hubby has some weird current running through his body or not, but it is a feeling I do not want to experience again!

L. Scott
      My back has been sensitive like that ever since I have had my first surgery. When I get touched on my back by anyone it feels like what I imagine a taser gun would feel like. Pats on the back and hard hugs are difficult. It hasn't gotten better and I've just learned to live with it. I've scared some people though, when I jump a mile after they just merely touch my back or pat me!
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
      X