PDA

View Full Version : For those w/ 2 day surgeries, what did you do on the inbetween days?

susancook
03-05-2013, 01:02 AM
I have a 2 day surgery planned: ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4 and then 3 days later: PSF T4-S1.
What did you do on the days between surgery [besides pray a lot]?
How was it?
Were you at all unstable spine-wise between surgeries?
Thanks
Susan

LindaRacine
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
You recover. Most likely, they'll have you up and walking with physical therapists each day. You'll probably sleep most of the rest of time. One's spine is not unstable between stages with the potential exception of having a corpectomy or vertebral column resection.

babyboomer16
03-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey Susan,
I see you have surgery coming right up! I forget to look over on the "first time surgeries" and so I need to get caught up on what's happening with you. Apparently you decided to do the surgery. And in two parts, as you posted. I didn't have a two part surgery, but I think that three days is going to go pretty fast! Like Linda said"you'll be sleeping a lot of that time"~~~ I am so happy you're going forth and getting this done. You deserve a good quality of life. And hopefully, with lots of prayers ,and a good surgeon (plus team,) you will be on your way!! Stay strong and confident in your mind and the body will fall into place. Sounds like you've got things pretty well organized. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers~~God Bless You as you go into this next phase of your life.
Warmly Linda

titaniumed
03-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Susan

I was kept out for my 2 day stage. I don’t remember a thing during that period. No dreams, no pain, no nothing. Since they put the 5 spacers in from the front, they probably wanted me laying low during that period.....I had “partial” corpectomies done on L1-S1.

I have no low pain at all, which is unbelievable.....From 10 to 0. I never expected that result since my lumbar situation was in really rough condition. Like a rusty crankshaft off a Model T ford. (smiley face)

I believe you are ready. You have done a good job using the forum....

Ed