had surgery feb 18.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had surgery feb 18.

Everything is going really well. I'm up walking and sitting up. The only problem is that I'm unable to urinate completely. They are putting in a catheter again tonight. Have any of you had this problem.
    44 years old, right thoracic curve 63 degrees, thoracolumbar major curve 75 degrees, thoracic kyphosis 39 degrees.

I am so glad to hear that everything went well! Hope your problem resolves quickly.
    I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
    45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
    A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

It's always good to hear that someone's surgery went well. I hope you are feeling okay. About the catheter thing; I had a minor laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis last year. I couldn't urinate after my surgery, either. I had to be sent home with a bag. I would ask your doctor about possible causes for this. I'm not really sure why this happened to me, since I've had several minor procedures done where I had to be catheterized during the procedure and never had this happen before. I'm guessing it has something to do with some of the medicines you are on. Where were you fused to and from? I hope your problem resolves quickly. I know how miserable it is not to be able to urinate.

(((gentle hugs)))
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        It's always good to hear that someone's surgery went well. I hope you are feeling okay. About the catheter thing; I had a minor laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis last year. I couldn't urinate after my surgery, either. I had to be sent home with a bag. I would ask your doctor about possible causes for this. I'm not really sure why this happened to me, since I've had several minor procedures done where I had to be catheterized during the procedure and never had this happen before. I'm guessing it has something to do with some of the medicines you are on. Where were you fused to and from? I hope your problem resolves quickly. I know how miserable it is not to be able to urinate.

(((gentle hugs)))
        I was fused from t5 to sacrum.
        44 years old, right thoracic curve 63 degrees, thoracolumbar major curve 75 degrees, thoracic kyphosis 39 degrees.

Comment

I also know how extremely uncomfortable urinary retention can be....you have my sympathies. Try not to worry, they will figure this out.
          Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

hope you feel better soon