leg lenght difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg lenght difference

Has anyone had surgery and then found out one leg is longer than the other? It is almost 4 months post-op and walking feels real funny and I found that one leg is longer than the other.

It's most likely because your pelvis is tilted. A shoe lift might help.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I've noticed a difference too. I mentioned it in this thread: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...-after-surgery
      I'm still not sure if I should have a lift in my shoe or not. It's possible that I compensated for a curved spine by walking a certain way all those years before surgery. Post surgery, my pelvis might actually be more even and I'm just not used to it yet, so it feels like one leg is longer. When I stand with both feet flat, I do feel like I'm leaning a little to one side and it's very uncomfortable. I'll mention it to Dr Hey at my six month check up in April and see what he says.
      1973 Age 15 diagnosed with scoliosis but told too old for surgery.
      2001 age 43 told too old for surgery, did physical therapy & traction.
      2001 to 2008 Intermittent use of home traction machine and TENS unit.
      2009 traction no longer effective - physical therapy.
      2011 More physical therapy. 2012 Collapsing scoliosis - MRI before surgery
      At age 53, surgery on October 2nd, 2012 with Dr Hey
      Fusion with titanium rods and bolts from T1 to pelvis.
      Post op x-ray

Comment

Working...
      X