Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anymore had surgery with Dr. Matthew Cunninghm at HSS in NYC or know of his work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anymore had surgery with Dr. Matthew Cunninghm at HSS in NYC or know of his work?

I was due to have surgery with Dr. Boachie, and a month to go was told they won't take my insurance. The office was horrible in how the dismissed me as soon as they knew my insurance was not covered (although for the past two years told me it was). Seems, after more detailed investigation, they realized it was not up to what they want in payment. His office referred me to Dr. Matthew Cunningham who also works in Hospital for Special Surgery and takes my insurance. I have an appointment in a month.

At this point, I am just freaked again and questioning everything - should I wait until my pain levels increase?, is my osteopenia a major reason to rush into it? I have an S curve of 64/62. Boachie was going to fuse to L4 and possibly the sacrum. When you get stopped in your tracks, and it takes everything in you to go to this point, one begins to wonder if I am just not meant to have it now, or is it he was not the right surgeon and the right date.

Will see Dr. Cunningham and see what he says. I wish someone on the Forum knew of him. His credentials are impressive and he is with one of the top ortheopedic hospitals in the country.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Terri

While I haven't dealt with Dr. Cunningham, I had a similar experience with HSS. I know what you're going through, with being all set for surgery and having it pulled out from under you. I could type a book about it here, but if you're interested, you could click my name and go into my profile and see all my past posts about it. Good luck to ya!
    Pre-surgery- 80°+ thoracic/ 60°+ lumbar
    Still unsure of post-op numbers
    37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
    Scoli pics

Comment

Working...
    X