PDA

View Full Version : Coming to terms with the metal in me

JuliaAnn
01-17-2013, 01:10 AM
A dear board member asked me how I managed to get through the past three months after my surgery. I told her that my answer might take a while to type up because there is so much, such as how I process pain, how I managed physical limitations, how I came to terms with all the hardware. I don't think it will be possible to consolidate the answer and would make an email formidably long so I'm going to just post bits of it on the board for everyone as I get it typed up. I hope that is ok.

One of the things that helped me the very most was coming to terms with the metal in me. I posted it on my blog tonight and just thought I'd share it with you all.
http://allsparkledup.com/2013/01/17/the-bell-tree-and-how-i-came-to-terms-with-all-the-metal-in-me/

Julia

susancook
01-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Thanks for sharing your story and your reframing of the instrumentation...the metal. Your wood carving is gorgeous and if that person who left it doesn't come back for it, I'll gladly buy it from you!
Hope that you continue to heal.
Susan

Confusedmom
01-17-2013, 05:43 AM
JuliaAnn,

A very nice, inspirational story. And you, my dear, are an outstanding writer!

Best,
Evelyn

tae_tap
01-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for sharing!
Tamena

golfnut
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks for sharing. Your wood carving is beautiful. Such talent! Having metal in our backs is something that is probably hard for most of us to come to terms with. I really couldn't think about it before my surgery and even now, I try to forget about it. I like your explanation.