A little holiday humor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little holiday humor...

There are some of us who still use (or have) some of the supplies that we were "given" after our surgeries, and I thought this might brighten your day. We had family here for a week (8 extras, including 2 grandsons who are 3 1/2, one week apart in age). Lots of commotion, but one in particular I wanted to share is the ruckus that happened one day when we heard the two little guys fighting over who could have Grandma's sword. "I get Grandma's sword!" "NO! NO!, I get it!" and so on, so we all ran in to see what it was that they were fighting over -- my very long shoe-horn! Ahhh, to be young and see things for what they truly are! Good thing I don't have two or we could have had quite a battle! That steel (?) is pretty strong.

One of them always (since about 1 1/2) loved my reachers and still does. We have resorted to hiding them. Shame... When he was about 2 he would push them in front of him like one of those push toys. So much fun! And they are so cool to grab things with if you help them. Magic! Just thought I'd share that our supplies can be two-sided; boring or fun. Tools or playthings. Everything in life depends on how you look at it. A child's perspective sure changes things... I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and have a blessed year to come. Will be praying for your procedures, Melissa-- and everyone else with things coming up soon.
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Kids, they see things in a whole different light!

It's New Year's Day here in Australia. Wishing all forum members a very happy new year. I know there are many who're yet to receive the kind of relief we all hope for, and I hope this is the year that relief arrives.

I'm coming up to 4 years post op in March but I keep coming back here, wanting to see that those who're still suffering, finally getting the help they need.

Good luck and good health!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Happy New Year to all the forum members - those who are recovering, waiting for the surgery or trying to make a decision. And a special thank you to our regulars who had their surgeries years ago and still take their time to support and encourage us.
      I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
      45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
      A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

I too am so grateful for everyone's time and support in helping me to work through my decision making. Everyone has been so generous with their time.

Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Grandma's sword...that's so funny!
          May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
          X