Kyphosis 1 year 7 month; checking in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyphosis 1 year 7 month; checking in!

Hi all, this is David, I have a somewhat 'famous' video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMo_8uk7vw. I am 24 years old now.

I had surgery with Dr. Boachie April 27, 2011 to correct kyhosis. Just wanted to say it was completely successful, and I feel great. I am an air traffic control trainee at New York Center and I have a full FAA medical clearance. I have no restirctions. I work out daily. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to private message me. Good luck to all and hang in there

David

David,
    It is so good to hear from you and wonderful that your surgery was completely successful. Good luck in your future endeavors.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Great videos. I'm sure the first one will be incredibly interesting to most pre-ops and your latest video proves how successful this surgery can be. Enjoy the rest of your life!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thank you for sharing an update! You are an inspiration of positivity that I think is needed.

Tamena
        Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Thanks for sharing your video. I'm sure it will be beneficial to many!
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
          X