Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacific Northwest surgeons / is surgery possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Northwest surgeons / is surgery possible?

Hi everyone,

I just had a few quick questions, and I already know that I may need to see a doctor / surgeon in order to have these questions properly answered.

Here is a brief rundown of my case: I am a 22 year old male, and I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was about 13. In the past year or so, it seems to me as if the curve has perhaps worsened, and I am getting more and more uncomfortable by the day with my back. It's not excruciating pain, but I'm afraid it may turn to that if things keep going the way that they are. My curve is in the lower part of my back, and I notice it a lot in certain types of seats.

I am attaching a few photos - one from the front view and one from the back. Any ideas if surgery would be a possibility? Again, I realize I may need to speak with a doctor about this, get xrays, etc., so I am also interested to know if anybody knows of any good surgeons in the Oregon/Washington area. I have learned a lot about surgery by reading this site and reading Scoliosis Surgery The Definitive Patient's Reference, and I am getting ready to start looking further into it now.

Any input / info would be greatly appreciated!

John

One more picture

One more picture...

Comment

Hi there,

You'll definitely need a surgeon's opinion. I think there was a thread someplace in the forum about surgeons in the Seattle area. You might search for it using the "search" at the top right of the screen.

Good luck! Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

Working...
      X