24 days post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 days post op

I can still not sleep at night. Made it to my doctors appt. yesterday, it was a little rough but made it.

Wow...so your just put of surgery practically. Besides the not sleeping, how are you feeling? How is your pain level? I'll light a candle for you in church today. Prayers and hugs to you,
    38 yo with 71* left thoracolumbar curve from untreated AIS dx'd @ age 10. Surgery on for Jan 3, 2013 with Dr.'s Robertson and http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps321159d8.jpg. Spinal Fusion with instrumentation from T2-L4.

Comment

We can tell you are wiped out by your post....Lack of sleep happens to just about all of us for the first few weeks.

I finally got my foam topper for my bed around 2-3 weeks post and it really helped with sleeping...

Hang in there, you will get through this....soon you should feel a little better.

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I also got a foam topper and as crazy as this sounds, I spray my pillow and bed down with lavender pillow mist from bath and bodyworks. I am four weeks post op on Monday and only take one pain pill at bedtime along with a Valium and sleep for ten hour periods. Slow and steady as my doctor says. It will come in time, just find your relaxing place be it a hot bath, music, or a smell.

Tamena
        Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Hang in there. It will get better. I started to dread evenings because I was so fearful of not being able to go to sleep. I signed up for Netflix and watched lots of movies and read a lot of books.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

So, do you know what is keeping you from sleeping? Is it a specific pain or discomfort? Can you fall asleep, but not stay asleep?
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi retired Mom,

I definitely suffered inability to sleep soundly in the early post-op weeks. It is so distressing, because you really are just so tired! For me I chalked it up to the pain meds messing with my sleep cycles. In any case, it does improve by around a month post-op, so try to hang in there and know it will get better. Definitely try to take naps during the day when you tire, also.

During my two recoveries, I had noticeable jumps in improvement at various points. One around 12 days, and another around the 4-week mark, which you are just right around the corner from. You will get there!
              Gayle, age 50
              Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
              Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
              Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
              2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
              2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Working...
              X