PDA

View Full Version : 24 days post op

retired Mom
11-17-2012, 08:01 AM
I can still not sleep at night. Made it to my doctors appt. yesterday, it was a little rough but made it.

Jennilee
11-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Wow...so your just put of surgery practically. Besides the not sleeping, how are you feeling? How is your pain level? I'll light a candle for you in church today. Prayers and hugs to you, :)

titaniumed
11-17-2012, 12:20 PM
We can tell you are wiped out by your post....Lack of sleep happens to just about all of us for the first few weeks.

I finally got my foam topper for my bed around 2-3 weeks post and it really helped with sleeping...

Hang in there, you will get through this....soon you should feel a little better.

Ed

tae_tap
11-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I also got a foam topper and as crazy as this sounds, I spray my pillow and bed down with lavender pillow mist from bath and bodyworks. I am four weeks post op on Monday and only take one pain pill at bedtime along with a Valium and sleep for ten hour periods. Slow and steady as my doctor says. It will come in time, just find your relaxing place be it a hot bath, music, or a smell.

Tamena

golfnut
11-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Hang in there. It will get better. I started to dread evenings because I was so fearful of not being able to go to sleep. I signed up for Netflix and watched lots of movies and read a lot of books.

LindaRacine
11-18-2012, 01:44 AM
So, do you know what is keeping you from sleeping? Is it a specific pain or discomfort? Can you fall asleep, but not stay asleep?

leahdragonfly
11-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi retired Mom,

I definitely suffered inability to sleep soundly in the early post-op weeks. It is so distressing, because you really are just so tired! For me I chalked it up to the pain meds messing with my sleep cycles. In any case, it does improve by around a month post-op, so try to hang in there and know it will get better. Definitely try to take naps during the day when you tire, also.

During my two recoveries, I had noticeable jumps in improvement at various points. One around 12 days, and another around the 4-week mark, which you are just right around the corner from. You will get there!