Preop appt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preop appt

Dr. Robertson's office just called, my preop appt is dec. 17 @ 8:30am. The blood bank also called and want me to start with my donations on dec. 5th since surgery is jan 3. It's weird but alot of my anxiety just disappeared. It's more like a peaceful feeling right now. Maybe even alittle excitement...it's REAL and I won't be crooked or in pain in a few weeks. Wow. New year, new me!!
    38 yo with 71* left thoracolumbar curve from untreated AIS dx'd @ age 10. Surgery on for Jan 3, 2013 with Dr.'s Robertson and http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps321159d8.jpg. Spinal Fusion with instrumentation from T2-L4.

Excited for you! Good luck! I will be praying!

Tamena
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Although I was nervous before my surgery, I was also excited about getting a straight back!
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Tamena, thank you so much! How are you feeling?? Hopefully stronger every day..Karen, I know that feeling, it's almost surreal isn't it? HAving been crooked and in pain for so long, it's hard to imagine a different life but because of all of you and your experiences, I know it is possible. So excited!!!
        38 yo with 71* left thoracolumbar curve from untreated AIS dx'd @ age 10. Surgery on for Jan 3, 2013 with Dr.'s Robertson and http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps321159d8.jpg. Spinal Fusion with instrumentation from T2-L4.

Comment

Good luck!
          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Originally posted by Jennilee View Post
            Tamena, thank you so much! How are you feeling?? Hopefully stronger every day..Karen, I know that feeling, it's almost surreal isn't it? HAving been crooked and in pain for so long, it's hard to imagine a different life but because of all of you and your experiences, I know it is possible. So excited!!!
            Jennilee,
            I'm not going to lie, but recovery is a slow progress. You will tire of sleep and if your doctor is anything like mine, I am ready to see something other than my walls and walks to the mailbox. Although I chose a surgery to attempt to keep my range of motion and will not kno how it is working for another week and a half, I am glad I gave it a shot. My advice, listen to your doctor and don't try to rush things.

Tamena
            Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Working...
            X