PDA

View Full Version : Preop appt

Jennilee
11-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Dr. Robertson's office just called, my preop appt is dec. 17 @ 8:30am. The blood bank also called and want me to start with my donations on dec. 5th since surgery is jan 3. It's weird but alot of my anxiety just disappeared. It's more like a peaceful feeling right now. Maybe even alittle excitement...it's REAL and I won't be crooked or in pain in a few weeks. Wow. New year, new me!!

tae_tap
11-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Excited for you! Good luck! I will be praying!

Tamena

golfnut
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Although I was nervous before my surgery, I was also excited about getting a straight back!

Jennilee
11-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Tamena, thank you so much! How are you feeling?? Hopefully stronger every day..Karen, I know that feeling, it's almost surreal isn't it? HAving been crooked and in pain for so long, it's hard to imagine a different life but because of all of you and your experiences, I know it is possible. So excited!!!

Irina
11-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Good luck!

tae_tap
11-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Tamena, thank you so much! How are you feeling?? Hopefully stronger every day..Karen, I know that feeling, it's almost surreal isn't it? HAving been crooked and in pain for so long, it's hard to imagine a different life but because of all of you and your experiences, I know it is possible. So excited!!!

Jennilee,
I'm not going to lie, but recovery is a slow progress. You will tire of sleep and if your doctor is anything like mine, I am ready to see something other than my walls and walks to the mailbox. Although I chose a surgery to attempt to keep my range of motion and will not kno how it is working for another week and a half, I am glad I gave it a shot. My advice, listen to your doctor and don't try to rush things.

Tamena