16 days post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 days post op

I am 16 days post op and doing well except for edma and nerves. I think the pain meds. make me nervous and I can not sit still. Nor can I find a comfortable spot. Has anyone had these porblems.

The narcotics can make you like that some. Make sure your doing your leg exercises to help with swelling and if it gets to bad contact your doctor and maybe they can get you a pump for the swelling. I am right there with you on post op time, but I get up once an hour and walk to keep from swelling. I had the anterior approach so I can oly get comfortable on my right side and on my back, but that's as comfortable as one can get. I will tell you that Valium has helped me more than the pain meds. That's just a thought.

Tamena
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Yes I think we all have had these kinds of problems. I know that I could not sit for a very long time--layed on my side most of the time.I still have a hard time sitting,but most of this gets btter in time. It is still so new to you. Best wishes going your way!
      Jackie
      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
      Right scapulectomy 6/15
      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
      Broken neck 9/28/2018
      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020