Pronation after surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronation after surgery

Hi, it is Gardenia again. Nearing the date and now I am looking for things to worry about. I recently went to my chirpractor and he adjusted a very painful shoulder I had. I knew that I will have to rely on the right hand-arm-shoulder to get up and down.

They had a new toy that measures your Pronation-Stability index...

Then, I read some blogs where patients felt that after their surgery that their pronation was not in balance, mostly when it comes to holding ones head up stratight. I will have a surgery in the lower part and that should not affect how I carry my nexk or head. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks if you can give me your advise, experience or comments.

Gardenia
    Gardenia
    Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
    pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
    Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
    T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Gardenia,
    Try not to worry about such things. Don't buy trouble as my Mother used to say to me. You have a very skilled surgeon and I am sure he will balance your spine as he does your fusion. That is what skilled spinal surgeon's do. You will be fine. I am not exactly sure about what you mean though about pronation. Does that mean sticking your neck out? Clue me in.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

You are right skater

I read it somewhere and it had to do with not being able to lift the head up .... it was mention that the surgery went to over balance. I apologize for asking about something that I am sure my great surgeon will have taken into consideration as he sounds very conservative as to not over-doing.

Thank you. I will stop finding problems to worry about.

gardenia
      Gardenia
      Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
      pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
      Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
      T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Comment

Gardenia,
        Before you know it, it will be all over and you will be in recovery mode. Go out Friday or Saturday night for a nice dinner and a good movie and do your best to relax. My very best wishes go out to you for a great outcome and a smooth and uneventful recovery. Us older gals need to stick together.
        Take care, Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
        X