PDA

View Full Version : Pronation after surgery

gardenia
10-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi, it is Gardenia again. Nearing the date and now I am looking for things to worry about. I recently went to my chirpractor and he adjusted a very painful shoulder I had. I knew that I will have to rely on the right hand-arm-shoulder to get up and down.

They had a new toy that measures your Pronation-Stability index...

Then, I read some blogs where patients felt that after their surgery that their pronation was not in balance, mostly when it comes to holding ones head up stratight. I will have a surgery in the lower part and that should not affect how I carry my nexk or head. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks if you can give me your advise, experience or comments.

Gardenia

loves to skate
10-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Gardenia,
Try not to worry about such things. Don't buy trouble as my Mother used to say to me. You have a very skilled surgeon and I am sure he will balance your spine as he does your fusion. That is what skilled spinal surgeon's do. You will be fine. I am not exactly sure about what you mean though about pronation. Does that mean sticking your neck out? Clue me in.
Sally

gardenia
10-25-2012, 12:37 AM
I read it somewhere and it had to do with not being able to lift the head up .... it was mention that the surgery went to over balance. I apologize for asking about something that I am sure my great surgeon will have taken into consideration as he sounds very conservative as to not over-doing.

Thank you. I will stop finding problems to worry about.

gardenia

loves to skate
10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Gardenia,
Before you know it, it will be all over and you will be in recovery mode. Go out Friday or Saturday night for a nice dinner and a good movie and do your best to relax. My very best wishes go out to you for a great outcome and a smooth and uneventful recovery. Us older gals need to stick together.
Take care, Sally