Old dogs having problem with new trick...how to post my xray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dogs having problem with new trick...how to post my xray

I am 66 years old and sometimes feel challenged with all the marvels of technology.

I have tried for 1/2 hour to figure out how to post my xray with my signature.

No success.

HELP!

Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

I am new to the forum

Hi,

I would love to share my story and X-rays, but I also am not sure how to use this wonderful technology. Anyone out there who can explain how do to this in simple terms?

Comment

I am far from a wiz at this,but I was able to get mine on by saving them in a file on my computer and the opening a thread and adding them with my post. I am sure some one else may be able to help you too.
      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
      Right scapulectomy 6/15
      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
      Broken neck 9/28/2018
      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
      Osteotomy

Comment

Thanks Jackie. Mine are saved on my computer but there is not an "attach picture" button that I could find. Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection

Comment

Hi Susan,

If you go to "settings" at the top right of the forum, then "edit signature", all the way down at the bottom of that page it will list "signature permissions." Mine says "allow attach images to signature-No", so I take this to mean I can't put in my x-rays. Some people add links to outside photo websites such as Picasa or Photobox...not sure how that works exactly. I guess you post your x-rays on a photo sharing website, then add the link to it in your signature.

The easier way seems to be to post your photos in the body of a thread. I did that at one point and it was fairly easy. You start a new post, then down towards the bottom of the page it will have an area for adding attachments.

Best of luck (this stuff can be so aggravating for those of us who did not grow up with a mouse in our hand)!
          Gayle, age 50
          Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
          Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
          Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
          2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
          2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Originally posted by leahdragonfly View Post
            Hi Susan,

If you go to "settings" at the top right of the forum, then "edit signature", all the way down at the bottom of that page it will list "signature permissions." Mine says "allow attach images to signature-No", so I take this to mean I can't put in my x-rays. Some people add links to outside photo websites such as Picasa or Photobox...not sure how that works exactly. I guess you post your x-rays on a photo sharing website, then add the link to it in your signature.

The easier way seems to be to post your photos in the body of a thread. I did that at one point and it was fairly easy. You start a new post, then down towards the bottom of the page it will have an area for adding attachments.

Best of luck (this stuff can be so aggravating for those of us who did not grow up with a mouse in our hand)!
            I think the only trouble with adding it in a thread is that it only stays with that post and not in your signature. I did mine on edit signature with the outside photo website, but don't really remember how to do it. I am computer illiterate myself. If I don't do something at least 21 times, I don't remember it.
            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Gayle: I found the boxes that said allow xrays or something like that. Mine said "no" and I could not find a way to make it say yes. ;+[ Susan

Comment

I went through the same frustrations and wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to "save an image" to my signauture when it says "no" in the settings. Finally, someone told me to open a free account at www.photobucket.com and put my pictures and a video there. After saving them in photobucket, I copied that link into my "signauture." If that doesn't work, try putting this thread on the "Surgery First Time" and someone could probably give you more detailed directions. It seems like I always have to use Trial and Error before I get it accomplished each time I add something.
                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                Rib Hump-GONE!
                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                Now 66
                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                  I went through the same frustrations and wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to "save an image" to my signauture when it says "no" in the settings. Finally, someone told me to open a free account at www.photobucket.com and put my pictures and a video there. After saving them in photobucket, I copied that link into my "signauture." If that doesn't work, try putting this thread on the "Surgery First Time" and someone could probably give you more detailed directions. It seems like I always have to use Trial and Error before I get it accomplished each time I add something.
                  thanks Karen! I am in Fiji and on someone elses computer but will try this when I return back home in Decemeber. Sending you a PM.
                  Susan

Comment

Working...
                  X