PDA

View Full Version : Old dogs having problem with new trick...how to post my xray

susancook
10-19-2012, 05:43 AM
I am 66 years old and sometimes feel challenged with all the marvels of technology.

I have tried for 1/2 hour to figure out how to post my xray with my signature.

No success.

HELP!

Susan

Wish2bstraight
10-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Hi,

I would love to share my story and X-rays, but I also am not sure how to use this wonderful technology. Anyone out there who can explain how do to this in simple terms?

jackieg412
10-19-2012, 09:15 PM
I am far from a wiz at this,but I was able to get mine on by saving them in a file on my computer and the opening a thread and adding them with my post. I am sure some one else may be able to help you too.

susancook
10-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Thanks Jackie. Mine are saved on my computer but there is not an "attach picture" button that I could find. Susan

leahdragonfly
10-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Susan,

If you go to "settings" at the top right of the forum, then "edit signature", all the way down at the bottom of that page it will list "signature permissions." Mine says "allow attach images to signature-No", so I take this to mean I can't put in my x-rays. Some people add links to outside photo websites such as Picasa or Photobox...not sure how that works exactly. I guess you post your x-rays on a photo sharing website, then add the link to it in your signature.

The easier way seems to be to post your photos in the body of a thread. I did that at one point and it was fairly easy. You start a new post, then down towards the bottom of the page it will have an area for adding attachments.

Best of luck (this stuff can be so aggravating for those of us who did not grow up with a mouse in our hand)!

loves to skate
10-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi Susan,

If you go to "settings" at the top right of the forum, then "edit signature", all the way down at the bottom of that page it will list "signature permissions." Mine says "allow attach images to signature-No", so I take this to mean I can't put in my x-rays. Some people add links to outside photo websites such as Picasa or Photobox...not sure how that works exactly. I guess you post your x-rays on a photo sharing website, then add the link to it in your signature.

The easier way seems to be to post your photos in the body of a thread. I did that at one point and it was fairly easy. You start a new post, then down towards the bottom of the page it will have an area for adding attachments.

Best of luck (this stuff can be so aggravating for those of us who did not grow up with a mouse in our hand)!

I think the only trouble with adding it in a thread is that it only stays with that post and not in your signature. I did mine on edit signature with the outside photo website, but don't really remember how to do it. I am computer illiterate myself. If I don't do something at least 21 times, I don't remember it.

susancook
10-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Gayle: I found the boxes that said allow xrays or something like that. Mine said "no" and I could not find a way to make it say yes. ;+[ Susan

golfnut
10-21-2012, 01:22 PM
I went through the same frustrations and wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to "save an image" to my signauture when it says "no" in the settings. Finally, someone told me to open a free account at www.photobucket.com and put my pictures and a video there. After saving them in photobucket, I copied that link into my "signauture." If that doesn't work, try putting this thread on the "Surgery First Time" and someone could probably give you more detailed directions. It seems like I always have to use Trial and Error before I get it accomplished each time I add something.

susancook
10-26-2012, 02:31 AM
I went through the same frustrations and wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to "save an image" to my signauture when it says "no" in the settings. Finally, someone told me to open a free account at www.photobucket.com and put my pictures and a video there. After saving them in photobucket, I copied that link into my "signauture." If that doesn't work, try putting this thread on the "Surgery First Time" and someone could probably give you more detailed directions. It seems like I always have to use Trial and Error before I get it accomplished each time I add something.

thanks Karen! I am in Fiji and on someone elses computer but will try this when I return back home in Decemeber. Sending you a PM.
Susan