Spinal Cord Stimulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Cord Stimulator

I would like to know if there is anyone on this forum who has tried a Spinal Cord Stimulator for chronic pain. This is not to be confused with a bone stimulator that is used after fusion surgery to aid in the fusion. This is an inplanted device with wires that go up the spinal column and it is supposed to mask any pain coming from the spinal cord. Any feedback would be appreciated. My pain management Doctor has suggested it to me, but the idea of an inplant kind of gives me the creeps.

Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

I have not tried that yet but am interested in finding out more about as my pain management doctor has talked about it as well
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

I have really enquired about this and it is a terrific way of dealing with pain. I am definately going to see about it myself.

Lorraine.
      Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
      Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Working...
      X