Tamena's Surgery 10-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamena's Surgery 10-22

Hard to believe that surgery is next week. I feel like I am forgetting to do so much and that time is running out! Excited to get my back fixed and terrified of the pain, but I keep telling myself that pain is temporary. I am going to show my husband how to post updates, but I can't promise anything because he is not very good at things like this. He evens struggles with FaceBook at times. : )

Tamena
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Wishing you the best

Hello, Tamena,

All the best as you count down to your surgery. The anticipation phase is difficult, isn't it. Try to concentrate on the present moment.

Em

Comment

Originally posted by tae_tap View Post
      Hard to believe that surgery is next week. I feel like I am forgetting to do so much and that time is running out! Excited to get my back fixed and terrified of the pain, but I keep telling myself that pain is temporary. I am going to show my husband how to post updates, but I can't promise anything because he is not very good at things like this. He evens struggles with FaceBook at times. : )

Tamena
      All the best to you!

Comment

Best of luck with your surgery. I was excited about getting a straight back but terrified of the pain. Fortunately, my pain was well controled in the hospital and during my recovery.
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Best of luck to you, Tamena. The hardest part, the waiting, will be over soon and you'll be on your way to recovery.
          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Hope all goes well
            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Best Wishes

I hope your husband gets the hang of posting. I will be looking forward to hearing how you are. My surgery is in Nov. right behind you so am having some of the same emotions already. You are going to be so glad when you come out of that recovery room and take your first steps. Good luck and Best Wishes.
              scoli appeared age 15
              untreated until age 30
              41* T & 72* L
              Harrington Rod T4 to L4
              33* T & 53* L
              neck instrumentation C3-4,C4-5,C6-7
              Revision coming up in Nov. 2012

Comment

We're with you, through the waiting.

Emma (Aunt M)

Comment

December Surgery

Tamena and Taylor....where are you girls having your surgeries? I am having surgery Dec 11 with Dr. Bridwell in St. Louis. Like you, I have emotions running all over the place. I wish you both the best of luck and will be looking for your posts. Keep the faith and know God is with you and He knows the pain you are going through.
                  Patty
                  1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
                  1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
                  Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
                  December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.

Patty: Dr. Robert Gaines in Columbia, MO is doing my surgery.

Tamena

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

10:30 start time for surgery. It is really starting to feel real. This weekend is going to feel extra long and slow.
                      Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

Hope that all goes well
                        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Tamena,

Best of luck and know that many of us will be saying prayers for you! Always remember God is in control.
                          Discovered scoliosis when 15 years old.
                          Wore Milwaulkee Brace for 1.5 years.
                          Top curve 85 degrees, bottom curve 60 degrees

Surgery completed August 23, 2011 (during an earthquake, can you believe that?)
                          Dr. Charles Edwards, II
                          The Spine Center at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, MD
                          Before and after xrays:
                          http://www.valley-designs.com/myspine

Comment

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow

Tamena,

I'll be sending positive energy and prayers to you tomorrow and praying for your surgical team also. You will do great!! For me, the pain was very well controlled in the hospital. Hopefully, that will be the case for you also.

Kathy
                            Kathy
                            46 yrs at surgery, now 50
                            71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
                            8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
                            http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Tamena--
                              Same from here. Monday's are good surgery days--was for me. Best wishes and prayers and positive thoughts for the very best outcome! Janet
                              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
                              X