PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Op and Post-Op

carolmr
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm probably going to lose my retiree healthcare benefits at the end of this year (long story). I have found several good (I hope) scoliosis surgeons in Colorado where I live. Today is 10/10. Do I have enough time to have an operation before the end of the year or is the entire process much longer?

mabeckoff
10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm probably going to lose my retiree healthcare benefits at the end of this year (long story). I have found several good (I hope) scoliosis surgeons in Colorado where I live. Today is 10/10. Do I have enough time to have an operation before the end of the year or is the entire process much longer?

First of all welcome. To start , you need to know the surgeon's schedule. When is the earliest that you can book surgery?

carolmr
10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
I can book the surgery as soon as the surgeon can do it. I realize that he/she may have a long waiting list. I guess the only thing to do is call ASAP.

TwinmomTN
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I believe it depends on the surgeon. Some have a 10 month to a year waiting list while others maybe only a month or two. Good luck!