Rods....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rods....

is it normal that I can only feel one rod and when I get tired the top part from my "feeling" rod hurts i called my nurse she said it was normal because
    My nerves were "waking up" did this happen to any of you guys?

Kat...

It is not uncommon for one rod to be a little more prominent, especially at the top. Since there's usually not much fat at the top of your spine, it's not surprising that you're finding it sensitive.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Sometimes when I write have pain but only in that area. Since I'm sooo skinny I can actually see my screws and rods in the mirror.

l l <~ over here it hurts on this side when you look at my back (t4)
      l l<~ over here it hurts on this side when you look at my back (t5)
      l l
      l l
      l l
      l l My rods from T4-L1 pretend that they r two long lines
      l l
      l l
      l l
      l l

It's sorta like a dull pain and it's really annoying it's like a switch it hurts on and off

Comment

What can this be idk if this is caused by my nerves walking up but hey what do I know.... Could I have possibly over worked that side or slept on that side too long or carried something more that five pounds or am I simply unlucky. My nurse told me to call her on Monday and tell her how I feel. I'm just worried because I don't want to be re operated worse comes to worse

Comment

Hey Kat, are you still taking pain meds?
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

No
            I stopped taking pain med two weeks after my surgery

Comment

Working...
            X