PDA

View Full Version : 2 years post op and all is well

LisaB
10-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi All - I haven't been on here in quite a while but thought I'd check in. I had my 2 year post op check up with Dr Bridwell in St Louis Aug 31. Everything looked good and is holding well and he said that the fusion looks really good. I've had no problems and have been playing a lot of golf, working out with a trainer once a week, doing pretty much everything (except heavy lifting and no bending over to lift anything). I don't have to go back for a year! Just wanted everyone who is considering surgery to know that there are a lot of success stories out there.

Lisa

Confusedmom
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Lisa,
Glad to hear it! I remember you saying: "I don't even think about my back anymore." Can't wait until I get to that point!! I'm 6-7 months post-op. We should so lunch soon!

Cheers,
Evelyn

LisaB
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Good to hear from you. I emailed you the day before your surgery but don't know if you ever received it. Sounds like you're doing well. i'd love to do lunch when you feel up to it. Let me know. Take care!

I
Lisa,
Glad to hear it! I remember you saying: "I don't even think about my back anymore." Can't wait until I get to that point!! I'm 6-7 months post-op. We should so lunch soon!

Cheers,
Evelyn

golfnut
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi, Lisa,
It's so good to hear from you, again. You are four months ahead of me and gave me a lot of encouragement. I remember sharing that we both enjoyed playing golf. I've been playing since February and it's been better than I ever expected. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Irina
10-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Lisa,

It is so nice to hear reports like that! Thank you for sharing.

walkingmom
10-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi Lisa,

Congratulations on receiving such a great report! It's so encouraging to hear from those like yourself who have returned to your favorite activities like golf.

Donna

tae_tap
10-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Nice report! Gives those of us more to look forward to.

Thanks!
Tamena

Doodles
10-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Lisa--
Good to hear from you--and with such a great report! That's awesome. Janet

JenniferG
10-02-2012, 06:25 PM
What a good news post! Glad things turned out so well for you Lisa!

LindaRacine
10-02-2012, 06:27 PM
The lifting restriction is typically lifted sometime between 3-6 months. I'm unclear as to why some patients are told that it's permanent.

loves to skate
10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I believe lifting is OK as long as you bend your knees and keep your back straight. There is a right and a wrong way to lift even if you have never had back problems. I am glad you are doing so well Lisa. It is a definite encouragement to those considering surgery.
Sally

LisaB
10-02-2012, 09:06 PM
The lifting restriction is typically lifted sometime between 3-6 months. I'm unclear as to why some patients are told that it's permanent.

Hi Linda- since I was originally fused in Indy for spondylolisthesis L4-S1 and then Dr Bridwell fixed the scoliosis and fused me from T3- L1. He just wants me to be careful lifting so we can preserve my infused area L1-l4. He said not to bend over to lift anything heavy. I can lift; just wants me to watch how I do it and not overly heavy. Trying not to fuse L1-L4 area.

Susie*Bee
10-04-2012, 07:59 PM
That's great news, Lisa!

I believe my lifting restrictions are also due to the lower unfused vertebrae. BLTs restrictions. But I just had my 5 year appt. and everything looks excellent. When I overdo, my lower back acts up and so does my sciatica. I can tell that I can't lift heavy amounts. It hurts in my lower back and pelvic area.

titaniumed
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Lisa

Its nice to see the good report!

Now at 2 years, do you think you are 100% completely through your recovery? Are you past the fatigue stage?

Ed