Has anyone has Prolapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone has Prolapse?

I'm evaluating the convenience or not of strenghten the abdominal muscles. There is not consensus about their importance in holding the spine, but yes seems to be consensus about their function of holding organs.
    I supposse that if those muscles, as it seems to happens with other related in holding the spine, are weaker in people with scoliosis, then the organs are not holded as they should.

Hi Flerc,

not sure what you mean, prolapse of what exactly?
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Hi Leahdragonfly, I refer to the fault down of some organs. Something not so much unusual in some women specially after pregnancy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolapse

Comment

no problem there, flerc
        Gayle, age 50
        Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
        Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
        Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
        2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
        2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

It seems we cannot be sure about anything, but something we should to assume.
          It seems that abdominal muscles has to do with the holding organs function http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11135380 and is reasonable to suppose that they could achieve better that function it they would be stronger.
          I know that traditional abdominal exercises are not the only way to strengthen those muscles. Also some people says that are are useless and harmful. But I’m not thinking in such kind of exercises.
          I have no way to know if abdominal muscles help to hold the spine, I know about contradictories evidences.. it seems that we only may does conclusions based over some clues.. the relationship between scoliosis and prolapse might be one..
          Do you know what SEAS says about this?

Comment

I have heard the same about sit up exercises, but I believe that holding organs is an anatomy ‘fact’ http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the...lar-system.htm
            Maybe one group of the abdominal muscles are advocated to that function and other to hold the spine and the weakness in one group not implies the same in the other.. also it seems that prolapse may be caused by ligament laxity.. another factor related with scoliosis.

Comment

Working...
            X