Picture- Does this look normal? 8 months post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture- Does this look normal? 8 months post op

I am fused from T2-L2- I noticed that the small of my back goes in abnormally- as well as, I am a little shorter than I was right after surgery. Does anyone have anything like this going on? I am about 8 months post op.IMAG0601.jpg
    Thoracic curve approx 62 degrees,
    Lower curve of approx 38 degrees
    27 years old
    http://pennstatehershey.org/findaprovider/provider/1507
    Scheduled for Spinal Fusion 2/2/2012
    T2-L2 or L3
    Engaged to be married on 4.6.2013!

I see what you mean. I don't know what's caused this though my scar has sort of sunk inwards along the line, just a little, in my lower back. But not like yours. I hope you get some explanation from someone else who has the same thing but if nobody can give an explanation, I think you should ask your surgeon.

I think many of us lose a small amount of regained height in the initial weeks. I think I read that a little "settling" is normal until fusion takes place. I'm hoping Linda will see this and reply.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
      I see what you mean. I don't know what's caused this though my scar has sort of sunk inwards along the line, just a little, in my lower back. But not like yours. I hope you get some explanation from someone else who has the same thing but if nobody can give an explanation, I think you should ask your surgeon.

I think many of us lose a small amount of regained height in the initial weeks. I think I read that a little "settling" is normal until fusion takes place. I'm hoping Linda will see this and reply.

Thank you for replying so fast! I emailed my dr and sent him the same picture. lol Hopefully he can shed some light- until then I am curious to see what others on the board have to say.
      27 years old
      T2-L2 or L3

Comment

Let us know what he says Roxjanine! How are you at 8 months?

Comment

Welp, I am still numb throughout my back, some feeling has come back recently though. I am working full-time and all that is going well. The biggest thing is getting use to not being able to slouch and being able to sit in different types of chairs ( specifically those uncomfy restaurant chairs). I feel like I am doing OK, just wondering whats going on with my back. It seems like my rib hump returned slightly- but my surgeon seems to think everything is good!
          27 years old
          T2-L2 or L3

Comment

Indentation

I have the same thing at the top of my spinal fusion. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures here and I would show you how mine looks. The nerves there are hyper sensitive and if I'm fatigued, just my hair brushing against that area sends shivers all over my back, burns and stings. Do you have that?

Your back looks fantastic!
            50 years old!!!!!
            Wore Milwaulkee Brace 1976-77
            Original curve 36 degrees ( measured in the 70s)
            Advanced to 61 degrees 01/2011
            Surgery 07/11/2011
            Fused T1-L2 (curve now in the 20s!)

Comment

The discomfort in some chairs will improve, but after 3.5 years, I still have chairs I avoid. I particularly don't like car seats because they curve backwards and I curve the opposite way and of course, can't slump into it. Easily fixed with a cushion though. Did you get an explanation for the indentation?

Comment

Working...
              X