PDA

View Full Version : Life after surgery?

fatimah
08-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Once again hello to all!
The theme for posting this thread is that I want to know that which type of life you people are living after your surgery...?
In which way surgery is affecting, is it seems to be a hurdle in your activities,how many of you still bear pain,what are the sitting capacity...?

Please share your experiences......
Am waiting for your replies

REGARDS
FATIMA

Doreen1
08-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi Fatima,

Great questions! In a nutshell, I am able to LIVE my life as a result of surgery. Preop I was mostly bedridden with pain and became an observer of life. Now I'm a participant in life! Read my blog starting at the July posts to see what I've been up to in regards to activity levels http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Warmly,
Doreen

JenniferG
08-29-2012, 05:36 PM
From reading this forum, it seems the majority of us go on to live our lives fully. Some of us have restrictions of some kind, and a few of us have ongoing problems resulting in a decreased quality of life. Outcomes for this type of surgery vary greatly.

For myself, I am pain-free and able to do anything I want though I do have two restrictions from my doctor: no running and no lifting over 10Kg. This is to save the vertebra above my fusion from undue stress. I can live with this, no problem, and consider the surgery, for me, to be the best thing I ever did for myself.

fatimah
08-30-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi Fatima,

Great questions! In a nutshell, I am able to LIVE my life as a result of surgery. Preop I was mostly bedridden with pain and became an observer of life. Now I'm a participant in life! Read my blog starting at the July posts to see what I've been up to in regards to activity levels http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Warmly,
Doreen

I have seen your blog that's really awsome and so helpful,I ahve seen the post-op exercises that was greatly helpful to me ..
You are living a great life..
Also do the prayer for me that I also live a pain free life...

Thanks
Fatimah

bluestone
08-30-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm 22mths post op and although my pain isn't as draining as pre op I'm disappointed that I'm still in pain and have to still restrict myself or I end up flat on my back waiting for the pain to subside.

My surgeon is pretty certain its my metalwork causing it and I do have a few protruding screws which seem to rub causing digging pain in my middle back. I have decided to have ihave it removed next year-he won't do it until he's certain I'm fully fused. I'm hoping that if I get this metal removed I 'could' be on the road to a more pain free life.

fatimah
09-01-2012, 10:52 AM
So sad to read your story..
I will surely pray for you that soon you may get rid of this pain because I can understand this harsh feeling..
One question for you that you are going to remove all the metal r some of it,,and what about the rods??

Lorz
09-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Fatima,
I am 15 months post op, and like bluestone, have constant discomfort. It starts in the morning with pressure/pulling in my back, and progresses to burning, pinching, and EXTREME tightness, as if a tight belt is wrapped around my torso. My x-rays and CT scan at 1 yr post op showed no problems, and my Dr. offered no comment other than to say I may have to learn to live with it. So, to say I am disappointed would be an understatement. I certainly hope you are not in the small percentage of us who are less than thrilled with our results.

fatimah
09-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Feeling so sad to read about your issues...
InshaAllah You will soon get rid of these issues....
And i will too...

Hoping for the best

REGARDS
FATIMAH