Wish me best wishes:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me best wishes:)

I am feeling super glad.Because finally, I have decided to join my school again next month after 6 months post-op..
    Hope I will be able to sit for 5 to 6 hours and my back will support and co-operate with me by giving me no pain...
    I am more stronger than scoliosis. And I will not allow it to control my life.

You'll do fine

My surgery way three weeks ago and in two weeks I'm going back to school so I'm pretty sure you can mange and don't forget.... Practice makes perfect! When I go to school I'm not going to go for the whole day but around a week or two after I start school I will go for the whole day

Comment

Sending you the best of wishes Fatimah. You've come a long way. School will be a distraction from the many worries of such a huge surgery and the extra exercise will be beneficial, I'm sure.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Are the chairs comfortable in your school? Maybe bring something soft to sit on and something soft to put behind your back. I know that it will be great to see your friends again!
        Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
          My surgery way three weeks ago and in two weeks I'm going back to school so I'm pretty sure you can mange and don't forget.... Practice makes perfect! When I go to school I'm not going to go for the whole day but around a week or two after I start school I will go for the whole day
          Agree with u..I am also worry that i will might be not able to sit for the whole time because i still bear pain..
          And am going back because 6 months have been passed..

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
            Are the chairs comfortable in your school? Maybe bring something soft to sit on and something soft to put behind your back. I know that it will be great to see your friends again!
            Susan
            The chair are little bit hard but my lovely teachers use to provide me comfortable chair with cussions both to sit on and for back..I also use that before surgery
            And my friends will not be with me in school because they are in college and I had wasted my one year due to surgery.That is y again joining school.
            Also do a prayer that I can adjust soon with the new classmates. I hope I will adjust so goodly..
            THANKS ALOT

Regards
            Fatimah..
            Last edited by fatimah; 08-28-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I hope the transition to school, with new classmates, will go smoothly. I'm glad you have empathetic teachers. Also glad you are giving your education priority, this will stand you in good stead for the future. You have suffered enough with scoliosis, I hope life goes well for you in future!

Comment

Awwwh. Thanks a lot Jenifer..
                Yeah, my teachers are so co-operative and loving.
                These were my teachers who developed self confidence in me to fight with this scoliosis..
                And who make my parents agree for the surgery.So whole reward goes to them. .
                And with the prayers of you all I will soon adjust adjust there.

Comment

It's wonderful to read about such teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                    It's wonderful to read about such teachers!
                    hmmmn! I just love them.....
                    They also love me

Comment

Working...
                    X